For those of you who are anything like me, coffee is what keeps you functioning throughout the day and without it, you’re just a zombie on autopilot. Having the best coffee maker for me is just as vital as having a pacemaker for people who need it to continue living. My coffee maker is my best friend and a significant member of my household.
Knowing which coffee maker is the best to keep in your home or office may make all the difference in the world to you. After all, coffee might be the glue that’s holding it all together. Looking around at my coworkers each day, I can tell you that it is certainly what’s keeping them together too. Let’s face it, without coffee; our lives just wouldn’t be the same.
Since having the best coffee maker for my home and the office was my lifeline, I chose to set out on a mission to research and test a wide variety of coffee makers to find out which models were actually the very best of the best.
I wanted to stop bringing in my big bulky coffee maker to work every day since we didn’t have one in the office, and I knew that if I could find a coffee maker that was reasonably priced and could provide quality functionality, I could convince the company to buy one that can be kept in the office for the staff.
Best Coffee Makers in 2017
Don’t worry about not having time to research and find the best coffee maker for your home or office because I’ve done the due diligence, and here is what I found:
This is a must-have coffee maker that has been designed with not only performance but also with elegance, durability, and easy usage among other features that you may desire in a coffee maker.
- Can handle up to 14 cups at ago
- Coffee brewed comes with more flavor
- Brews hotter coffee than its predecessor, the Cuisinart DC-1200
- Offers different taste and comes with control features to make brewing easier at anytime
- There is a potential of coffee grounds clogging and overflowing which is a great flaw in the design.
- Expensive as compared with its counterparts
The Cuisinart DCC-3200 is a replacement of the less superior DCC-1200 by the same company. The coffee maker features a state-of-the-art technology that ensures maximum quality of the resultant brewed coffee. Two things are desired by any coffee lover namely the flavor and the hotness or rather high temperatures.
Most of the coffee makers, including the DCC-3200 predecessor will either give good flavor and compromise temperature or the vice versa. This is where the DCC-3200 is outstanding from the pack. Without compromising the hotness of the beverage, it brews a sweet flavored coffee that’s accompanied by the best aroma you would want to get.
The Brew strength control flowers the value of this brewer even more as it allows the user different coffee tastes. With the control system, you can choose to brew either a bold coffee flavor or just the normal flavor according to your preferences.
The above-mentioned attributes are reasons enough why one needs to consider going for this coffee machine. It is fascinating that in addition to these qualities, Cuisinart has gone a notch higher to ensure that the machine is not just good but excellent.
Imagine a scenario when you are committed to your daytime activities and you really wish to enjoy a cup of coffee immediately you get home without any delay. Thanks to the automatic 24-hour programmable feature that allows you to pre-set when the machine to brew your coffee and keep it warm courtesy of the temperature knob. If you are shopping for a good coffee maker, then this is a coffee maker worth serious consideration.
Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee maker
If there is a coffee maker that cuts an edge for itself in this competitive coffee maker industry, it is the Cuisinart DGB-900BC. A brand that has more than just the name, the coffee maker, capable of brewing up to 12 cups, has a bunch of attributes thanks to the smart design by Cuisinart.
- Offers the settings for user to choose the strength of the coffee they want e.g. strong, mild or medium coffee taste and aroma
- Comes with a very elaborate filter system featuring gold tone filters and the charcoal water filter
- Ergonomic built up and easy to use controls.
- Lacks the setting to regulate the number of cups one would want to brew e.g. two cup settings.
- Can only be used by countries subscribing to the North American Electrical standards
Featuring a twenty-four-hour programmable attribute, an auto-off feature, the brew-pause feature to allow you a taste of the coffee while midway through and the grind off function among other attributes, what else would you ask for in a coffee maker.
In addition to these incredible features, the machine has an elaborate filter system that ensures you only drink a beverage that is free from harmful impurities and chemicals. It’s 8 oz bean grinder, strength selector, automatic inbuilt burr grinder and the Coffee grind control functions are outstanding.
With an elaborate filter system to remove any impurities in the form of calcium, chlorine, and odors among others, this is a coffee maker that does not only befit status but comes out as the best for the very health conscious population.
Most of the towns and cities today are supplied with water rich in these chemicals and impurities that you would not want to pack in your body hence the need for such a device. This is just an outstanding feature that makes it unique from most of the other devices of its kind. If you aren’t sure yet, try checking for reviews and recommendations attached to the coffee maker and I bet you will love it.
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
The Bonavita BV1900TS gives the real definition of coffee brewing in style. Being just a press of a button from the sweet quality perfect brewed coffee, it is an inarguable fact that even if you don’t want this maker, you really need it. Having made the most consistent brew as compared with its counterparts, the machine has got its pros and cons.
- Features a bloom’ function, designed to wet the coffee grounds before commencement of brewing
- Features minimal movement of parts
- Provides consistency in water temperature from the showerhead at 195 to 200 degrees
- Keeps the coffee warm for up to 4 hours, thanks to the carafe
- If descaling is not regular and consistent, large steam amounts are emitted from the vents that are just above the showerhead
- Pouring the last coffee bit requires you to almost turn the carafe upside down
- Features a small capacity, holding just 8 5-ounce cups. Though not a con, it’s worth noting
With the Bonavita BV1900TS, you have a one-touch coffee brewer that comes with an auto-off immediately the coffee is ready. What a hassle free coffee brewing life. To make it outstanding in the market, it is among the few coffee makers that can maintain the optimal coffee brewing temperature of 195 to 200 degrees F. together with that, the brewer comes with an optimal pre-infusion feature comes handy to wet the coffee grounds thus allowing for pre-degassing just before brewing.
To flower the whole unit, a flat-bottomed filter basket together with a relatively large showerhead for enhanced uniform extraction and better saturation. All these are done for one purpose to ensure that the user gets 8 cups of hot, sweetly brewed coffee.
Other than the frequent descaling requirement, what else would make you not want to add this coffee machine to your shelf? What else can you ask for from an automatic coffee maker? As far as hot, sweet and easy coffee brewing is concerned, the Bonavita BV1900TS carries the day.
Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus with Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
- You won’t have to worry about your lazy family members or coworkers cleaning the machine after each use because it comes equipped with a built-in conical burr grinder that automatically cleans itself after each cycle.
- There is a removable 50-ounce water tank on the Capresso Coffee TEAM PRO Plus
- This model is made of durable stainless steel, so it’ll be around for years in your home or office.
- You can serve a cup for yourself while it’s still brewing.
- Very reasonably priced compared to coffee makers of the same quality.
- Growing your addiction to coffee is the only concern because when you have a machine that effortlessly keeps multiple cups of coffee warm for hours and self-cleans, chances are you’ll increase your coffee intake.
Now here’s a coffee machine that can be purchased twice, once for the home, and once for the office. Especially if you work a 9 to 5 that never really ends at 5 because the Capresso Coffee Team Pro will keep your coffee warm for hours in its 10-cup thermal carafe.
One of the best ways to get your family up in the morning is brewing some fresh coffee and allowing the aroma to spread throughout your home. Just like a good morning assistant should, it will wake everyone up one by one. With this coffee maker, you should grind the beans fresh before brewing to make sure you get the best possible flavor (and aroma) out of your coffee.
Being that it’s a thermal serving carafe, you can rest assured that it will keep the flavor of your coffee at its best while making sure it stays warm for cup 2, 3, 4, and beyond.
So once of my peeves with pouring additional cups after the first is losing flavor while it’s sitting and waiting for me to come back. If you drink coffee all day to stay awake, then I’m sure you can relate.
Well, the solid steel conical burrs on the Capresso Coffee TEAM PRO Plus grind the beans slowly which minimizes heat build-up and it preserves the flavor in your coffee. The aroma is just as strong as the first cup, and we all love that fresh-brewed coffee smell so yes, that matters.
Now, depending on who in my house makes the first round of coffee, the coarseness differs. My Daughter who is a college student that never sleeps likes her coffee a bit refined compared to the rest of us. Lucky for her, there are three settings on this coffee maker that will allow each of us to choose how we want our coffee brewed. You can choose to set it from fine to coarse.
When we tested the Capresso Coffee TEAM PRO Plus at the office, I watched as one of my coworkers easily changed the sloped stainless steel path from the grind chamber to the filter basket. I wasn’t sure what he was doing, but since it was the new hot item in the office, he said he realized that’s what we should do to prevent clogging. Genius!
We had several meetings on the first Friday that everyone’s new favorite coffee maker was placed in the conference room, and we made more coffee that day than anyone would ever purchase in a week at the local coffee shop.
You know the one. It’s where a tiny cup of coffee costs as much as your monthly car payment. Anyway, I worried about the amount of coffee ground with this type of coffee traffic and to my pleasant surprise, the Capresso Coffee TEAM PRO Plus determines the coffee ground by the number of cups being brewed on its own. Yes, that’s right. Automatically!
As if all of the features I mentioned wasn’t enough, towards the end of the day when I could barely keep my eyelids open, I craved for a dark cup, darker than I usually brew and found a setting for special dark roasted beans. What does that mean you say? It means it increases the grinding time to make sure we get consistent results. So I didn’t have to worry about anyone else getting a cup that was less dark than my first cup.
After seeing the special setting for dark roasted coffee, I waited until everyone had left the office and I sat down with the coffee maker to see what other cool features I’d find. Here are some of the ones I felt are worth mentioning:
- There is an LCD display that you can read easily and lets you control your brewing options
- You can program the clock timer to start brewing at whatever time you choose.
- There is also a brew button for manual brewing and grinding.
- You can set it to brew using pre-ground coffee.
- The coffee beans stay in the container when the bean hopper is removed for cleaning
All in all, this was a dream machine at the office and at home.
DeLonghi ECAM23210B Compact Magnifica S Beverage Center
- Unlike other models, you can instantly heat your coffee up with a touch of a button. Same goes with espresso if that’s what you’re in the mood for.
- This coffee maker contains a drip tray so you can keep your coffee station neat and clean at all times.
- The water filtration system on the The DeLonghi ECAM23210B is incomparable. You can tell this was manufactured to be at the same level of quality as the industrial models.
- You can try the machine out for 30 days, and if it doesn’t suit your needs, you can return it for a full refund.
- The DeLonghi ECAM23210B is by far one of the best coffee makers available on the market and the price is reflective of that. It may not be in everyone’s budget, but it should be because it’s worth every dollar.
So it’s not always about coffee when it comes to the need for caffeine, right? Sometimes we feel like a little espresso to add variety to our daily coffee regimen and with the DeLonghi ECAM23210B Compact Magnifica S Beverage Center, you can brew whichever you’re in the mood for.
At first glance, this looked like a coffee machine you would see at a fancy coffee house, so I was almost afraid to look at the price tag. Yes, it was pricey, but once I took it home, I realized quickly that this was not just any coffee maker, this was an elite brewing machine if I ever saw one. Here’s why:
Anytime you see a coffee maker with a control panel, understand you have entered a different beverage class. You are now brewing with the best. The DeLonghi ECAM23210B Compact Magnifica S Beverage Center had a very easy and efficient control panel that lets you select the amount of coffee you’d like to brew and the strength. This was perfect for the different coffee drinkers in my home. We don’t all take our coffee the same way, so it was nice to have the option to customize it to your preferred taste.
I had to show this machine off, so I put it to work over the weekend when I had people over who I offered a menu of coffee options. Some chose cappuccino, some chose latte, and the rest were big coffee fans like myself. It was nice to have the ability to offer alternatives while hosting.
In between chatter during my brunch party, I was able to program the coffee maker to shut off automatically when we weren’t using it. That was a bonus so that I didn’t have to continue going back and forth to the kitchen.
At the end of the night when I needed one last cup to help me with the last few hours of the day, my Daughter pointed out that she had programmed it to my style of coffee, so all I had to press was the “My Coffee” button and the DeLonghi ECAM23210B went to work. Can you imagine silently ordering coffee in the comfort of your own home with a push of a button? This feature makes the coffee maker worth every penny. I didn’t have to worry about a barista who didn’t know how to count my change at the counter either.
As you can imagine with such a fancy price, this model has a remarkable durable stainless steel lined thermo block heating system with three options to set the temperature to your liking. It also has a powerful 15-bar pump and a low noise conical burr grinder that has 13 different settings for fineness. So you can choose just how rich you feel like drinking on any day.
There are times at night that I just feel like a warm beverage but don’t necessarily need the caffeine and unlike the Capresso Coffee TEAM PRO Plus, this DeLonghi ECAM23210B gave me the option to bypass the ground coffee so I can brew a decaf cup of coffee. Wow!
Although this is a compact model, the water tank is actually bigger than the previous model. This water tank can hold 60 oz of water in the reservoir and has a hot water spout, so there is no waiting for it to heat up at times where you’re rushing out of the house.
If you’re looking just to keep your already-brewed cup of coffee warm, simply place it in the cup warmer, and it will keep it warm for you as any good coffee maker should.
Overall, I felt this coffee maker deserved to be on the list of best coffee makers because it was a beauty that earned bragging rights in my book.
KRUPS KT600 Silver Art Collection Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
- This coffee maker is sensibly priced which was a nice surprise since the design led me to assume that it was going to make me break the bank.
- Equipped with a 10-cup thermal carafe that keeps your coffee warm for several hours.
- The 2-year warranty was a nice bonus since most only come with a 1-year warranty in this class of coffee makers.
- The automatic shut-off function is great for people who tend to forget to turn their coffee machines off. This will help you save energy and keep the kitchen safe from an overheated coffee machine.
- By now most coffee experts (that means you and me) are so used to the removable filters and with this model, you’ll be going back to using paper filters, unfortunately.
At first glance, the exclusive design of the KRUPS KT600 Silver Art Collection Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker stood out above the rest. It has an old fashion coffee maker look to it but with upgraded and innovative features. The chrome casing with wood optics is an excellent touch in all modern kitchens. I was so excited to brew my first cup!
Just based on the design alone, you can sit this thermal carafe maker in any office as well as any home. I really couldn’t get passed the design, so I thoroughly researched it and confirmed that passion and precision are what the professionals who designed this aimed for. It was perfection. The KRUPS KT600 is a part of the Silver Art Collection. So if you own any other items in this collection, it’s time to add this immaculate piece to it.
This model is ideal for people who like to take their time around their coffee station which most coffee connoisseurs choose to do first thing in the morning while they wake their brain up for the day. After all, the European designers took their time in engineering such an elegant coffee maker; it’s only right that you give it some face time.
The functionality was unparalleled in simplicity and convenience. No need to read through an extensive manual to learn how to simply switch it on or off. You can also easily use the pause and serve functions without needing to go through a menu of options first. If you’re in a rush, you can also serve yourself a fresh-brewed cup of coffee while it’s still working on the rest of the batch.
When you combine the impressive design, reasonable price, ease of use, and the optimal results, you will agree that the KRUPS KT600 Silver Art Collection Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker merited its placement on the 2017 best coffee makers list.
De’Longhi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker
- This coffee maker comes with a purge function that cleans the milk spout with a simple touch of a button.
- You can remove your milk container easily to store in your refrigerator.
- You can adjust the spouts to fit perfectly with a wide variety of coffee cups.
- The integrated water filtration system allows you to drink fresh tasting coffee each time you brew a batch because it is engineered to help prevent scale build-up which affects the taste of anything you brew over time.
- The price may be a bit steep, but if you sit down and do the math, it’s probably less than what you spend on coffee in a matter of a few months. In other words, it pays for itself over time.
Now this is what you call barista-quality! Whatever you’re in the mood for at home or in the office, the De’Longhi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker will whip it up for you in no time. This coffee, espresso, latte, and wait for it…macchiato machine is by far the most impressive coffee maker I encountered on my journey to finding the absolute best coffee machine on the market.
It doesn’t matter where you place this coffee maker because you will instantly have a makeshift coffee house. I made sure to find room for this in the budget because although the price tag can leave a mark on your credit card, you have to think of it as a long-term investment.
Most coffee cravers drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee per day. If you’re on my level, you’re drinking 3 to 4 per day. At $5-$7 per cup, it’s a daily spend of $10 to nearly $30 per day. That means that by the end of the month, a good chunk of your paycheck has gone to the local coffee shop when really you can create the coffee shop at home or at work, and this is the machine to do it with! None of the other machines I encountered can make a macchiato or classic Americano as this one was able to.
The De’Longhi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker is a one-touch machine so, besides all of the delicious variations of coffee you can make, you can make them quickly as an added bonus. It delivers richer tasting coffee than any other coffee machine on my list of the best coffee makers and the longest-lasting foam too.
The design of this machine is one of the richest coffee machine casings on the market. Truly a beauty! The Magnifica SMART has an integrated LatteCrema system that makes perfectly frothed milk on your favorite drinks.
If you’re purchasing this model for your office, you’ll enjoy the compact thermo block heating system that provides great heat distribution and since this is a magical coffee maker it has an intuitive select and brew control panel to allow complete control of every aspect of brewing coffee to perfection. You can customize each batch of whatever you choose to brew to your preferred size and strength.
I cannot stress enough how amazing the De’Longhi ECAM23260SB Magnifica Smart Espresso & Cappuccino Maker. It should be an easy sell to the controller in your office, and with any luck, he or she is a coffee connoisseur too and will immediately understand your passion for this purchase. If you’re buying it for your home, you can justify the purchase by understanding that it is an excellent investment.
If you drink coffee on a daily basis and at that, several times a day, there is no one better to trust than a coffee fanatic. These coffee machine recommendations are coming from someone who understands the importance and value of having good coffee each time it’s brewed.
These are not just my personal preferences, but also leaders on the market and I made sure to be objective on the models I recommended. These are standout selections, and I invite you to contact us if you have any questions on my list of best coffee makers.